1. That happened last night. My friend Angela met me for dinner after I got out of work and I tried Ethiopian food for the first time ever. I was pleasantly surprised! Definitely excited to try new types of food with her in NY. Why I am just starting to take advantage of this is completely and totally unacceptable.
2. I’m listening to this song right now and rocking out singing to myself in my empty apartment. I’m beyond cool. I’ll just keep butchering the spanish words for the next hour.
3. I survived my second week of triathlon training! I’m definitely starting to get better at all three events, so that makes me ridiculously happy. This was my training for week two. Is anyone going to start training with me?
4. We NEED to talk about a certain scene on a certain show that happened earlier this week. I don’t want to give away spoilers so I’ll try to keep this brief, but COME ON. I’m dead. I cannot stop watching the last part of this week’s New Girl episode. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it at least twice before I got to bed every night and I still have the same reaction every time: screaming and crying. Emphasis on the screaming. When I first watched it I literally just sat on my couch screaming over and over again. I’m that type of fan. Paulina hated me, she probably still hates me actually. I JUST CAN’T GET OVER IT EVER. Dead.
5. Something ridiculously amazing happened this week, my Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili photo was accepted onto Food Gawker! I know, I’m still just as shocked as you are. I’m so glad that I have such wonderful readers as you who have not only helped me grow as a chef, but also as a photographer. Thank you for coming back every day and checking out what I’m cooking on my little blog. I don’t deserve it and it’s all because of you.
6. And on that note, I need to start using my crock pot more, it definitely does not get enough use. I’ll try to start posting more crock pot recipes for you guys. Oh you don’t have one? Invest, I swear it will change your life.
7. I don’t think I approved of it being February already. Just like with December, I have no idea where January went. This semester is going by so fast… I can’t adjust. I just can’t. No. Not ready for real life or real classes yet.
8. I saw this grilled cheese the other day and now I cannot stop thinking about it. I’ve had this obsession with grilled cheeses lately but I haven’t actually had one in months. Go figure. Yeah, I have no idea.
9. Tomorrow is the Super Bowl, I still haven’t decided who I’m rooting for or what I’m making. This will literally be a game-time decision. Who are you rooting for and what are you making? I might steal all your ideas. Just giving you fair warning.
10. I guess it’s time to start thinking of some cute Valentine’s desserts and dinners for you guys. The best thing about Valentine’s day is the chocolate, get ready for chocolate over-load!